Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jinx (G.I. Joe Ninja / Intelligence Operative)

Oh, look! Another custom figure that basically amounts to a head swap and some new accessories! This one was inspired by the 5 second clip in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, where Jinx is seen donning her "invisibility suit and then beating several Joes senseless.

Parts: Head (Star Wars Bultar Swann - Legacy of the Jedi 3-pack), Body (RoC Scarlett), Shoulder Holster (RoC Hawk), Sword (RoC Scarlett), Backpack (RoC Gung-Ho).

Supplies: Super Sculpey, Paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Screenshots from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Yep, another ridiculously simple custom. And still, I am very pleased with how this one turned out. I spotted the head sitting atop the shoulders of a female Jedi on one of my display shelves and immediately realized she'd make a perfect Jinx. No, I've never been a huge fan of Jinx, but the inspiration was there, so who am I to argue. The head needed a bit of Super Sculpey dropped inside to allow it to fit the figure's neck post a bit better. The skin tone also needed to be re-painted to match the figure. The shoulder holster was cut, trimmed and then glued back together to fit her shoulders better. Last but not least, she got a light application of Testors Dull-Cote.

1 comment: