Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bombstrike (G.I. Joe Forward Air Controller)

I've always thought that Bombstrike had one of the better sculpts as far as female heads were concerned, so it was no huge leap for me to decide to put one of my many Bombstrike heads on a ROC female body.

Parts: Head (Bombstrike), Body (ROC Cover Girl), Rifle (25A Baroness).

Supplies: Dremel, X-acto knife, paintbrushes, Polly Scale paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: None.

Like many of my recent customs, this was was ridiculously simple, but I was very pleased with the final product. I popped off the Cover Girl head. Then I used the Dremel to hollow out the Bombstrike head. The skin tone was not an exact match, but it was better than I was likely to get trying to paint-match, so I left it alone. After adding the new head, I decided to get rid of the photo ID pinned to the figures shirt pocket. I simply trimmed it off with the X-acto knife and sanded the area smooth. I painted over the area with the same camo pattern as the rest of the shirt. I gave her the same rifle (I think) that originally came with Bombstrike. Finally, the entire figure was given a light coating of Testors Dull-Cote.

No comments:

Post a Comment