Sunday, March 14, 2010

Baroness (Iron Grenadier Intelligence Chief)

When I collected Joes as a kid, it always annoyed me that Hasbro didn't make a Baroness figure in Iron Grenadier colors. I figured that after Destro and the Baroness parted ways with Cobra, she'd adopt an outfit that complemented the black, gold and red of the IG forces. Here is my interpretation of the Baroness as the Chief of Intelligence for the IG forces...

Parts: Entire figure (RoC Attack on the Pit Baroness), Shoulder Armor (RoC Pit Commando), Submachinegun (RoC Paris Pursuit Baroness), Holster & Ammunition Pouch (bbi Elite Forces figures).

Supplies: X-acto Knife, super glue, paintbrushes, Testors paints, Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I was inspired by the custom figures posted by several other members at HissTank.com.
In the spirit of keeping things simple, I decided to use the Attack on the Pit Baroness for this project. My decision was aided by the ridiculously low clearance prices on this figure. The shoulder armor was cut from the flak vest of an RoC Pit Commando figure and then superglued in place. I had to be careful in order to keep the glue from getting into the shoulder joints. Once the armor was added, it was on to the paint. I went with simple red and gold hightlights that made her look as though she'd fit in with the other IG personnel. Once the paint was dry, she received a light application of Testors Dull-Cote (except for the head as I didn't want to dull the glasses or the hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment