Monday, April 26, 2010

Gung Ho (G.I. Joe Marine)

Man, I don't even know how many versions of old GH I've done now...

This one was inspired by my kids. They're always asking me to play Joes with them, but they want me to use my own figures. Well, most of my figures are the "for display only" variety. So, I decided to make one that I could use to play with them and not worry about it getting dinged up. My little ones are 5 and 6 years old, so they don't really know much about the classic Joes. Most of their figures are of the newer RoC style. So I decided to make a "Jungle Assault" Gung Ho to fit in with the upcoming Pursuit of Cobra themes...

Parts: Entire figure (Comic Pack Gung Ho), Lower Arms (RoC Tunnel Rat), Tactical Vest (RoC Pit Commando), M16/M203 (Marauder, Inc.), Rucksack (Comic Pack Gung Ho).

Supplies: Paintbrushes, Testors paints, Folk Art paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I had an image of the upcoming PoC Jungle Assault Duke in my head, and I tried to make this figure in the same general style.

The base figure was not modified in any significant way. I did swap the lower arms for a set that didn't have the silly-looking sweatbands (or whatever those are supposed to be). Aside from that, this whole "custom" figure basically amounts to a new camouflage pattern on the cover and trousers and some new accessories.

Jungle Assault Gung Ho recently aided my son's Tiger Force Duke in defeating Cobra forces at the Battle of the Wooden Block Fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment