Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Zartan (Dreadnok Leader)

What would the Dreadnoks be without their leader? I always liked DDP's interpretation of this character, so I decided to base mine on it.

Parts: Head & Torso (25th Anniversary Zartan v13), Arms & Legs (25th Anniversary Zartan v15), AKS-74U (Marauder, Inc.).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Super glue, Paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: DDP comics.

I liked most of the version 13 Zartan except that when I placed him next to my other Dreadnoks, he was way too short. He was the same height as Zanya and shorter than every other Dreadnok I've made up to this point. So, I swapped the v13 torso with the Gung-Ho torso that Hasbro used on the v15 figure. The simple result is that Zartan is now more proportionate to the rest of his crew. I trimmed the skull-shaped belt buckle from the v13 torso and glued it to the new torso. The belt buckle was painted white and the eyes were filled in with black. Since his knife also has the same skull design incorporated into the hilt, I applied the same paint scheme there. I also repainted the purple-ish color with a dark brown (personal preference). The leg and boot armor was given a drybrush application of a steel-colored paint. I decided to skip the shoulder armor in favor of a more scaled-down look (again, personal preference rather than holding completely true to the source material). Finally, he was armed with an AKS-74U from Marauder, Inc. and given a light application of Testors Dull-Cote.

No comments:

Post a Comment