Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kittenfish (G.I. Joe Fast Attack Boat)

Yep - you guessed it! As soon as I finished the Tigerfish for my son, my little girl decided that she needed a boat, as well. Fortunately, I had predicted this and I had already scored a nice Devilfish on ebay...













As I had done with my Devilfish and my son's Tigerfish, I used the Dremel to remove the footpegs, which are far too big for the modern era Joes. The old sticker residue was removed using a very gentle dishwashing liquid. The upper portion of the boat was spray-painted with satin pink.













All of the remaining details were painted exactly the same as my Devilfish. The "no-skid" was painted using flat black. I used a lot of aluminum, steel, gunmetal and other colors to bring out some of the sculpted details. The decals came from our pal Ruben in Mexico - except for the prominent Hello Kitty logo on the bow (you should have seen her reaction to that little detail). Finally, the entire boat was given a liberal application of Dull-Cote to protect the paint. I have tentatively dubbed this boat the Kittenfish, but I may change it if I think of something less silly...

No comments:

Post a Comment