Monday, April 20, 2009

Sgt Jak Kona (Alliance Marine)

Sergeant Jak Kona is a Human male from Prairsuno. He joined the Rebellion shortly before the Battle of Hoth and has seen action in most of the major engagements since. He has risen quickly through the ranks based upon an uncanny ability to keep his troops alive while accomplishing their missions. He was among the 18,000 Marines who fought at the Battle of Mindor and was promoted to Sergeant immediately following that action. He is armed with a BlasTech DH-17 blaster pistol, a favorite among Marines and Naval Forces on both sides of the Galactic Civil War due to it's ability to pierce most body armor without piercing the hull of the vessel. He also uses a BlasTech A280 blaster rifle for longer range engagements.

Parts: Head (Elite Force U.S. Marine), Body (PotJ Rebel Trooper Tantive IV Defender), Helmet (TAC Rebel Vanguard Trooper) BlasTech A280 Blaster Rifle (SAGA Endor Rebel Soldier), BlasTech DH-17 Blaster Pistol (TAC Rebel Vanguard Trooper).

Supplies: X-acto Knife, Super Sculpey, Super Glue, Paintbrushes, Testors Paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: This is the second version I've done of this character. My wife and kids thought that the head on the original figure looked so much like me, that I developed the backstory around some parts of my life, as well. You could say that this character is the way I'd see myself if I had been born a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. This version of the character was created for FFURG Casting Call #55: Customs of Us - Revisited. The original figure can be seen here. I think that I will probably continue to expand upon this character, as well.

This figure started out as a PotJ Tantive IV Defender. The head needed a bit of modification. I shaved the hairline back a bit and then resculpted it with Super Sculpey. The mustache was also added with Super Sculpey. I cut a V-neck into the shirt with my X-acto knife and then used my Dremel to expand the neck hole a bit. The new head fits in perfectly with no trouble. I shaved the holster off his right leg with my X-acto knife and sanded the area smooth. I then added a working holster that I had made from Super Sculpey. The ammunition and utility pouches on his left hip were made with Super Sculpey and a push mold. After painting, the entire figure was given a light application of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment