Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tripoli (G.I. Joe Marine Lieutenant)

Back when I made my first G.I. Joe "self-custom", Sgt Humpty, I had planned to do a whole group of Marines for a diorama. After the Sgt Humpty figure, the only other one that I finished was Tripoli (aka Lt Stone). I stumbled upon Lt Stone while trying to make a list of all the Marines on the G.I. Joe team for my planned diorama. Lt Stone was apparently the team commander throughout the G.I. Joe Extreme toy line and TV series. There was another Lt Stone during the Sigma 6 years (a British agent of MI-5) and I think I will probably make a figure for him, too. To avoid the confusion of having two Lieutenants with the same last name on my Joe team, I assigned this one the codename Tripoli, which is a reference to one of the Marine Corps' more well-known battles.

Parts: Head (RoC Sgt Stone), Torso, Arms, Legs, Machete & Tactical Vest (RoC Jungle Assault Ripcord), Boonie Cover & Rucksack (RoC Bench Press), M4 Rifle (Marauder, Inc).

The basic construction was exactly the same as the Sgt Humpty figure, except that I used a different head. The team that I was planning for the diorama was going to be dressed more or less uniform to each other, so the figures would not have differed much. I think this may have been part of the reason I drifted away from the project - the first was was fun, the second one less so... and then I couldn't find the enthusiasm to do a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment