Monday, May 16, 2011

Iron Grenadier (Heavy Assault Troopers)

Like most Iron Grenadier fans, I've been looking forward to the release of this figure. While I love everything about it, part of me wishes that it had been done in the classic color scheme. The urban camouflage has grown on me, but I decided to see how he looked in black armor with red and gold trim. I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out. I'll definitely keep some of these guys as they come out of the package, but I think I'll probably end up repainting an equal number like this.


















EDIT: 05/29/11 - I painted a second one of these guys to match the first. This one is the squad machine gunner, so he kept the "Smart Gun" that he came with. The more I dabble around with these guys, the more I think that I will repaint all of the ones I buy. I'm really liking the way these look!

No comments:

Post a Comment