Thursday, November 3, 2011

D.E.M.O.N. II (Iron Grenadier Armored Vehicle - 2nd Generation)

Many people have repainted the Pursuit of Cobra HISS v5 in a variety of paint schemes. It tends to look amazing in any color. KingBiohazerd used three of them to create Iron Grenadier Speed-D.E.M.O.N.s, which were pretty cool! Recently, Barefoot Jedi and I discussed using the HISS v5 as the basis for a 2nd generation D.E.M.O.N., and I liked the idea enough that I started planning the project that same day.

The original D.E.M.O.N. is a fearsome fighting vehicle and it will likely remain in service with the Iron Grenadiers for many, many years to come. However, knowing that all military hardware will eventually become outdated, Laird Destro ordered that MARS research and development should begin immediately on a 2nd generation D.E.M.O.N. He directed that the new vehicle be able to fight alongside, augment and eventually replace the current D.E.M.O.N. model. By building the D.E.M.O.N. v2 on the same chassis as the HISS v5, Destro was able to keep it's development a secret, even during field testing, because they look so very similar. The reality, however, is that the D.E.M.O.N. v2 is superior in every way to the HISS v5. This is that vehicle...


















EDIT 06/13/2012: I got a wild hair to create a second D.E.M.O.N. II and paint it as a command vehicle for General Voltar.  I had originally planned to put it right up on ebay to help fund other purchases, but I had a lot of fun doing this and now I'm not sure if I still want to part with it!




No comments:

Post a Comment