Friday, February 27, 2009

Nawara Ven (Twi'lek Officer - Rogue Squadron)

A former attorney, Nawara Ven joined Rogue Squadron during the rebuilding phase. He flew many missions with them before he was shot out of his X-Wing fighter, losing a leg as a result of his injuries. Nawara survived and his leg was replaced, but his flying days were over. Wedge Antilles decided to keep Nawara in the squadron as the executive officer.

Parts: Head (TSC Bib Fortuna), Torso (PotF2 Ponda Baba), Arms (PotF2 Ponda Baba), Hands (TSC Bib Fortuna), Legs (PotF2 Ponda Baba), Jacket (PotF2 Ponda Baba).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Dremel, super glue, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used descriptions from the X-Wing books by Michael A. Stackpole.

This is actually a revision of my first Nawara Ven figure. The first was a Ponda Baba body with the head and hands from a PotF2 Bib Fortuna glued on. I've never really been happy with it and it certainly was not worthy of a place in my Rogue Squadron diorama. I got the head and hands from The Saga Collection version of Bib Fortuna in a trade, so I decided to update him. I removed the existing head and hands (which was simple because they had been glued on). Next, I super glued the new neck post in place. Once the glue dried, I popped the head on. Now he can actually move his head a bit (I say "a bit", because his lekku or headtails restrict excessive movement). Next, I drilled two thin holes into the ends of his arms. The new hands were the type that had a peg, so I wanted to be able to insert them into the arms and maintain the articulation. Once this was done, I painted the fingerless gloves black. Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment