Monday, March 30, 2009

General Oro Dassyne (C.I.S. Garrison Commander)

Oro Dassyne was a male Koorivar who worked for the Corporate Alliance and served as a general in the Clone Wars on the side of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Dassyne was initially stationed on Murkhana in 22 BBY when the Clone Wars began; however, he wanted to take part in the war, and requested that he be moved away from Murkhana, an isolated planet. Dassyne was sent to Bomis Koori IV, where he created a stronghold he believed to be impervious. However, in 20 BBY, two Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, succeeded in breaching his fortress, and shut down the ray shields, allowing Republic starships to bombard the bulwark from orbit. Dassyne was killed in the battle. This figure was created as my entry for Yakfinities #28: Organic Separatists.

Parts: Figure (TPM Jedi Duel Darth Maul), Head (RotS Chancellor Palpatine), Cape (PotF2 Darth Vader).

Supplies: Dremel, Super Sculpey, X-acto knife, Super Glue, Paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used a couple of screenshots from the original Star Wars: The Clone Wars series as the basis for this figure. However, because I wanted this to be a realistically styled version of the character, I did take certain liberties with the design of his costume. I also modelled his face after the way that Passel Argente appeared in the films. Both were Koorivar males, so it stood to reason that they'd be similar.

The base figure was selected because it was the closest match that I already had on hand (I always try to use what I've already got before I go out and buy parts). I Dremelled the torso smooth and then etched the design into it with an X-acto knife. Before I added the new head, I used Super Sculpey to add the headgear. I cured the Sculpey with boiling water. The figure and cape were painted separately and then sprayed liberally with Testors Dull-Cote. Once both were dry, I added the cape to the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment