Sunday, March 15, 2009

R6-JN (Astromech Droid)

R6-JN was originally a custom R5 droid that I had made several years earlier. Then about a month ago, PBarny at FFURG asked me if I could make casts of an R2 unit's primary photoreceptor so that it could be attached to an R5, in order to make an R6. Needless to say, I got right on it and sent him a couple of the casted "eyes". I used the one I had left over to make R6-JN.

Parts: All (R5-D4).

Supplies: Super Sculpey, super glue, X-acto knife, Paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: None.

The only thing that I changed from the original custom figure was the head. I sanded off the original photoreceptors and then superglued the new one in place. I also applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce shine. The secondary photoreceptor and the solar charging array were "engraved" into the head using an X-acto knife. The holoprojector (to the right of the secondary photoreceptor) was trimmed off an old R2 head and super glued in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment