Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Chin (Navy SEAL)

Every team needs a leader. For some time now, I've been working on assembling a G.I. Joe sub-team of Navy SEALs. Lots of collectors have done this and they have used a wide variety of characters for their team leaders. I decided to create my own. About a year ago, I obtained a cast of the Army of Darkness Ash head as an unexpected "extra" in a trade. A pretty good likeness of the actor, Bruce Campbell. As soon as I saw it, I knew what I was going to eventually use it for. You see, my wife and I are both big fans of USA's show Burn Notice, in which Bruce Campbell plays Sam Axe - a semi washed-up, former SEAL who is the friend of the show's main character. Axe is portrayed as wise-cracking, hard-drinking and irreverent, yet an extremely competent warrior when he needs to be. For his codename, I used "The Chin", which is a nickname given not only to the character in the show, but also to the actor in real-life.

Parts: Head (Army of Darkness Ash), Entire figure, Fins, Dive Knife & Silenced Pistol (RoC Deep Six), Webgear (PoC Jungle Assault Duke), Dive Mask and Air Pack (RoC Wet-Suit), Assault Rifle (Marauder Gun Runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment