This figure depicts Lieutenant Kashire undergoing bacta rehabilitation after a particularly unfortunate combat mission, during which her X-Wing was almost completely destroyed.
Parts: Head (Slave Leia), Torso (Slave Leia), Arms (Leia from the Leia & R2-D2 2-pack), Legs (Bacta Tank Luke Skywalker).
Supplies: Dremel, super glue, Super Sculpey, file, emery board, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.
Reference: None. I was inspired to do this figure because I had purchased two of the Deluxe Luke Skywalker in Bacta Tank sets in order to create a medical ward for my medical droids and injured pilots. I left the first Luke figure alone, but I really needed to change the second one so that the two figures were obviously different characters. So, I created this character and the back story.
Step One: I began by cutting the Luke figure in half at the waist. I super glued a Slave Leia torso in place of the upper body. A little bit of sanding left the body smooth, with no unnatural seam at the waist.
Step Two: I attached the arms using the boiling water method and then allowed the figure to cool.
Step Three: I used Super Sculpey to make the upper body garment, and cured it in boiling water.
Step Four: I had to sand a little bit in several places to get rid of the seams left from the molding process and to fix a couple of areas that were not proportioned quite right (remember that I matched up a female upper body with a male lower body).
Step Five: I painted the clothing to match the original Bacta Luke color scheme. The hair was painted light brown.
Step Six: I applied a light coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and allowed the figure to dry.
Step Seven: I reversed the straps in the Bacta Tank, so that it would look just a little bit different when placed next to another Bacta Tank. Then, I put the straps around the figure's arms, attached the breathmask and put the Bacta Tank back together.
Out in the wild finds
1 month ago