Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jan Ors (Human Special Operative)

Jan Ors is a special operative for the Rebel Alliance. She usually acts as mission officer for whatever mission Kyle Katarn is assigned. Jan flies Kyle's ship, the Moldy Crow, and is responsible for his insertion and extraction.

Parts: Head (Ewok Celebration Leia), Torso (Ewok Celebration Leia), Arms (Ewok Celebration Leia), Legs (COMMTech Luke Skywalker), Blaster (your choice).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Super Sculpey, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Numerous pictures can be found in the Dark Forces graphic novels by Dark Horse or you can use still photos from the PC game.

Step One: First, I assembled the necessary parts using the boil-n-pop method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Using the X-acto knife and file, I modified the hair and cheekbones enough that it did not look exactly like Leia anymore. I made the pony-tail from Super Sculpey.

Step Three: Next, I added the utility belt items, a pistol holster and various pouches. You can make them from Super Sculpey, or you can take them from other figures in your parts box.

Step Four: I painted the figure according to my references.

Step Five: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment