Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ten Nunb (Sullustan Pilot - Thunder Squadron)

Ten Nunb was a Sullustan who joined the Alliance as a starfighter gunner, and eventually earned a position as a pilot. He served the Alliance during the Battle of Endor by piloting Blue Five as part of the Blue Squadron of B-Wings. He eventually rose to the rank of Commander and led his own B-Wing squadron headquartered at the Folor fighter base.

Parts: Head (Ten Nunb), Torso (Ten Numb), Arms (Ten Numb), Legs (Ten Nunb), Helmet (Ten Nunb).

Supplies: X-acto knife, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used reference stills from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and then expanded upon the character's back-story with my own ideas. I came up with a squadron name and a couple of subordinate pilots, as well. The only change I made to this figure was a new paint-job. Not much of a custom, but I really liked the new colors. I think it is a vast improvement over the old white flightsuit.

Step One: I cut one side of the facemask so that it looks like he has it disconnected. The area near the cut was trimmed to look like a buckle and then painted silver.

Step Two: I painted Nunb's flightsuit red. Parts of the chest controls were touched up with different metallic colors. The gloves were painted black.

Step Three: Last, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment