Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Captain Marcus Jespers (Human Naval Security Officer)

Captain Marcus Jespers is the head of security aboard the New Republic light cruiser Defiance. He has coordinated and supervised the security of the ship and her crew in a wide variety of locations.

Parts: Head (Grand Moff Tarkin), Torso (vintage General Madine), Upper Arms (vintage General Madine), Lower Arms (Cantina Han Solo), Legs (vintage General Madine), Boots (Cantina Han Solo).

Supplies: Dremel, X-acto knife, super glue, emery board or file, paintbrushes, Polly Scale paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: None. This is a fan-fic character created by me, as a background character for a diorama.

Step One: I already had the vintage Madine body missing his head and boots (they were used on other custom figures). So, I dremeled out a hole for the neck to fit in. I have at least a dozen Tarkin heads lying around, so I decided to use one of them. The head fit snugly into the hole and did not require any futher adjustment.

Step Two: I cut off the arms right where the grey shoulder piece stops and the lower sleeve begins. Then, I trimmed the Cantina Han arms to match and super glue the in place. If you are careful, you can preserve the articulation at the elbow.

Step Three: I attached the Cantina Han boots using super glue. I had to shorten them a bit to keep him from looking too freakish.

Step Four: Then, I painted the figure, as desired. I based the color scheme on the stills from Return of the Jedi and my other New Republic military personnel.

Step Five: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment