This is a project I did when I was a bit short on good ideas. I wanted to make something, but didn't know what. I ended up deciding to "improve" this Rebel Air Speeder.
Parts: I used an EU Air Speeder right out of the box. The decals were set aside and the pilot was replaced with a Ten Nunb figure.
Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board or file, Testors Dull-Cote, Paints and Brushes.
I began by scuffing some areas of the speeder with an emery board. This was done to show minor damage to the skin of the craft. The entire ship was then given a touch-up paint job. Some access panels were painted a slightly different color than the ship itself to indicate that it had been replaced. Many of the edges were drybrushed with aluminum-colored paint to show where paint had been chipped off. The pilot's seat was painted brown to simulate "leather" cushioning. The entire cockpit was painted and more controls were added. I used a butane lighter to add scorch markings around the cannons. Additional scorching was applied to simulate "battle-scarring". The decals were applied at this point. The entire ship was given several washes of very thinned out black paint to show oil leaks and general wear and tear. The washes filled in all of the cracks on the speeder, bringing out more of the detail. Testors Dull-Cote was applied liberally to every part of the ship, except the cockpit windscreen.
Out in the wild finds
1 month ago