Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Monwa Ackbar (Mon Calamari Pilot - Rogue Squadron)

Flight Officer Monwa Ackbar is the nephew of Admiral Ackbar and the younger brother of Jesmin Ackbar, who was killed in action as a member of Wraith Squadron. He was assigned to Rogue Squadron following the campaign against the Imperial Warlord Admiral Krennel.

Parts: Head (Mon Calamari Officer), Torso (Biggs Darklighter), Upper Arms (Biggs Darklighter), Lower Arms (Mon Calamari Officer), Legs (Biggs Darklighter), Helmet (Mon Calamari Officer).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I created this character to help fill up my Rogue Squadron diorama.

Step One: I removed the Biggs head using the boiling water method. I then cut the collar at a forward sloping angle, so that there is no collar in the front. I super glued the Mon Cal head to the collar and allowed it to dry completely.

Step Two: Next, I cut the gloves off and attached the Mon Cal lower arms to the figure.

Step Three: I painted the figure, as desired.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment