Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Joyl Fason (Sullustan Pilot - Saber Squadron)

Joyl Fason is a pilot serving in Pash Cracken's Saber Squadron. He likes the A-Wing over other New Republic ships because of it's outstanding speed.

Parts: Head (Ten Nunb), Torso (Arvel Crynyd), Arms (Arvel Crynyd), Legs (A-Wing Pilot), Boots (Arvel Crynyd), Helmet (Ten Nunb).

Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: This figure was created as a background character for an upcoming diorama. The character is entirely fan-fic.

Step One: I replaced the head and legs using the boil-n-pop method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: I painted the flightsuit black. The leg straps and leggings can be either grey or white. I chose to leave the vest and chest controls alone.

Step Three: I painted the Ten Nunb helmet to match the A-Wing helmet, I'd made for my Pash Cracken figure. The two are fairly close in design, so this is relatively easy. I added a microphone to the helmet, using a small piece of wire.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment