Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Commander Haash'n (Mon Calamari Naval Officer)

Haash'n was a master engineer who joined the Rebel Alliance to fulfill his dream of piloting star cruisers. As a Major, he served on Admiral Ackbar's staff at the Battle of Endor. Promoted to the rank of Commander, Haash'n now commands the light cruiser Defiance.

Parts: Head (vintage Admiral Ackbar), Torso (Mon Calamari Officer), Upper Arms (Mon Calamari Officer), Lower Arms (vintage Admiral Ackbar), Legs (POTF2 Admiral Ackbar), Helmet (Mon Calamari Officer), Pointer (Mon Mothma).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, emery board, file, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used the photo and story from the Decipher CCG card and then expanded upon it with my imagination.

Step One: First, I swapped the heads. The new head was a different type, and would not fit the body properly, so I glued it on. The reason I changed heads was simply so that it looked a bit different from my other Mon Cal Officers.

Step Two: Next, I cut off the lower arms and super glued the vintage Ackbar arms on in their place. I did this for the same reason as the head swap.

Step Three: I painted the figure, as desired. I chose to vary the uniform a little bit from the others. Again, this is so that they do not look exactly the same. Then, I drybrushed the head with a light orange-brown.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment