Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guri (Human Replica Droid)

Guri was a Human Replica Droid originally built for Prince Xizor. She was his trusted aide and bodyguard until his death at the hands of Darth Vader. Guri then embarked on her own series of adventures.

Parts: Head (Padme Naberrie), Torso (Slave Leia), Arms (Slave Leia), Legs (Slave Leia), Cape (Princess Leia Organa), Blaster (Any).

Supplies: Dremel, X-acto knife, Super Sculpey, emery board, file, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Assorted reference pictures.

Step One: Using the Dremel, I carefully sanded down the Slave Leia body, removing all of the slave-girl accessories, except for the loincloth thing and the right wristband.

Step Two: Then, I swapped the Leia head with the Padme head.

Step Three: Next, I filled in the slave boots with a little Super Sculpey and cured it using the boiling water method.

Step Four: I painted the figure according to my reference pictures.

Step Five: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment