Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kal Brindo (Human Mercenary)

Kal Brindo is a mercenary acquaintance of Gradilla's. He has worked with the Dug on several jobs and can usually be found in any of Mos Eisley's many cantinas.

Parts: Head (Unknown), Torso (Nabrun Leids), Arms, (Nabrun Leids), Legs (Nabrun Leids), Blaster (any).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Super Sculpey, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: This character is entirely fan-fic. He was created as a background character for a diorama.

Step One: I began by swapping the Nabrun Leids head with the new one I had found.

Step Two: I used the X-acto knife to cut off the smaller set of arms and then used Super Sculpey to fill in the resulting holes. I cured the Super Sculpey using boiling water.

Step Three: I re-painted the figure in a style similar to the original spacesuit, but to keep it looking different, I added a lot of black to it.

Step Four: Once the paint was dry, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance of the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment