Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Horton Salm (Human Pilot - Defender Wing)

Colonel Horton Salm commanded a wing at the Battle of Endor. He was later promoted to the rank of General, and commanded Defender Wing and the Folor fighter base. He frequently crossed paths with Rogue Squadron and its members.

Parts: Head (Flashback Anakin Skywalker), Torso (Ten Numb), Arms (Ten Numb), Legs (Arvel Crynyd), Helmet (Arvel Crynyd).

Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used descriptions from the X-Wing novels and pictures of him from the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron comics by Dark Horse.

Step One: First, I assembled the necessary parts using the boil-n-pop method and allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Then I shaved down the hair to give General Salm his distinctive receding hairline.

Step Three: I painted Salm's flightsuit a dark green. I painted the helmet according to another picture taken from the same comic as the reference picture. I painted his boots, hair and mustache black.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment