Thursday, October 16, 2008

Major Turr Phennir (Imperial Pilot)

Major Turr Phennir was a member of Baron Soontir Fel's elite 181st Fighter Squadron. When Fel was captured by the Alliance and joined Rogue Squadron, Phennir took over the squadron. Phennir was eventually promoted to General and subsequently ran across Wedge Antilles during the crisis on Adumar.

Parts: Head (Grand Moff Tarkin), Torso (TIE Fighter Pilot), Arms (TIE Fighter Pilot), Legs (TIE Fighter Pilot), Helmet (TIE Fighter Pilot).

Supplies: Dremel, Super glue, X-acto knife, file, emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Pictures from Dark Horse's X-Wing: Rogue Squadron comics, as well as descriptions from Aaron Allston's book Starfighters of Adumar.

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling water method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Next, I cut the air hoses from the helmet where they connect to the helmet. I did not not cut the hoses off the control box. I drilled a tiny hole where each hose should connect to the helmet. Using the Dremel, I hollowed out the helmet.

Step Three: I glued the control box to the figure's chest upside down. That way, the hoses hang down like they would if they were disconnected.

Step Four: I painted the figure according to the reference pictures.

Step Five: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment