Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Inyri Forge (Human Pilot - Rogue Squadron)

Inyri Forge was the younger sister of a Rogue Squadron pilot who had been killed in combat. Despite her less than honorable past, Inyri was given the opportunity to follow in her sister's footsteps. She joined Rogue Squadron following the taking of Coruscant, and remained with them through the end of the long-running war against Ysanne Isard. At that time, she was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.

Parts: Head (Amanda Kirby from JP3), Torso (Hoth Leia), Arms (Hoth Leia), Legs (Hoth Leia), Boots (Cantina Han Solo), Gloves (Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker), Chest Box (Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker), Leg Band (Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker), Helmet (Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker).

Supplies: Dremel, Super Sculpey, super glue, X-acto knife, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used descriptions from the X-Wing books by Michael A. Stackpole.

Step One: I assembled the parts using the boil-n-pop method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Next, I cut off the Hoth Leia boots. I glued the leg band from the Snowspeeder Luke figure onto the left leg. I cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the left boot (so it will fit with the leg band) and then glued on both boots.

Step Three: I cut off the hands and forearms and glued the Snowspeeder Luke gloves to the arms.

Step Four: I used Super Sculpey to make the flight vest and the loops around her legs.

Step Five: I carefully cut the chest control box off the Luke figure and attached it to the vest.

Step Six: I painted the figure, as desired.

Step Seven: I used the Dremel to hollow out the helmet. Then, I gave it a new paint job.

Step Eight: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment