Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shok Lian (Yuuzhan Vong Warrior)

Shok Lian is another Yuuzhan Vong warrior, equipped with Vonduum Crab Armor and an Amphistaff.

Parts: Head (Darth Maul), Torso (POTF2 Tusken Raider), Arms (Darth Maul), Legs (POTF2 Tusken Raider), Topknot (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Braid (Obi-Wan Kenobi).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Super Sculpey, file or emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: As with my previous warrior, I based this figure on a variety of different reference pictures. Each artist has a different idea of what the Yuuzhan Vong look like, so I took the parts I liked from each interpretation.

Step One: First, I assembled the necessary parts.

Step Two: After I had the base figure assembled, I added the Vonduum Crab armor using Super Sculpey. I cured the Sculpey using boiling water and allowed it to cool.

Step Three: I added a topknot and braid to the head. I also added some protrusions to the armor.

Step Four: I painted the armor similar to that of my previous Yuuzhan Vong warriors. It is important to remember while painting, that the Vonduum Crab armor is a living organism and will be different from one warrior to the next. Use your imagination to come up with paint schemes. Ensure that you give the warrior lots of tattoos.

Step Five: I used a Darth Maul lightsaber to make the Amphistaff. I bent it a couple of times so that it is not so straight that it looks artificial. I sanded it more in some places and less in others. I bent the end of it to make the head and then used the X-acto knife to cut a slit for the mouth. The Amphistaff was then painted black.

Step Six: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment