Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pash Cracken (Human Pilot - Saber Squadron)

Pash Cracken is the son of the New Republic's Intelligence Chief, General Ariel Cracken. Pash joined the New Republic Starfighter Corps and quickly rose to command an A-Wing squadron. When his squadron began to lose pilots, Pash lost confidence in his leadership ability. Wedge Antilles accepted Pash as a member of Rogue Squadron. Pash eventually overcame his problem and returned to flying and commanding A-Wing fighters. (Note: I wasn't able to figure out the actual name of Pash's squadron, so I made one up).

Parts: Head (Space Quest guy), Torso (Arvel Crynyd), Arms (Arvel Crynyd), Legs (Arvel Crynyd), Helmet (A-Wing Pilot).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Dremel, emery board, file, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: To my knowledge, there are no pictures of Pash Cracken. However, Michael A. Stackpole gives a limited description of him in his series of X-wing books. I also used a few photo stills of A-Wing pilots to get a feel for the helmet paint schemes.

Step One: First, I replaced the Arvel Crynyd head with the new head.

Step Two: Next, I painted the figure. The flightsuit should be black. The leg straps can be grey or white. The leggings should be grey or white. I chose to leave the vest and chest controls alone. Pash's hair is red.

Step Three: Then, I took the A-Wing Pilot's head and Dremeled it out so that I was left with the hollow helmet. This took quite a while to do properly, so I had to be patient. I added a microphone to the helmet, using a small piece of wire. Then I painted the helmet according to my references.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment