Thursday, October 16, 2008

Talon Karrde (Human Information Broker)

Although not officially affiliated with the New Republic, Talon Karrde and his organization have often been instrumental by providing key information and sometime even participating in operations. During the Yuuzhan Vong conflict, Karrde and his crew managed to hold off enemy forces long enough for the young students at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV to be evacuated.

Parts: Head (Jedi Armor Qui-Gon Jinn), Torso (Jedi Armor Qui-Gon Jinn), Arms (Jedi Armor Qui-Gon Jinn), Legs (Jedi Armor Qui-Gon Jinn), Blaster (Cantina Han Solo).

Supplies: Brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: This figure is my interpretation of Talon Karrde, as described in the New Jedi Order novel Edge of Victory II: Rebirth. I chose the base figure because of the fact that I really didn't need to change anything on it, except the paint scheme, to get the result I wanted. This figure was created specifically for a diorama based on a sequence from that book.

Step One: First, I sanded down most of Qui-Gon's beard, leaving just the goatee.

Step Two: Then, I painted the figure, as desired.

Step Three: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment