Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cantina Spacer (Pilot / Smuggler)

This is probably the most frequently customized character in the Star Wars universe. He is seen for about three seconds during the Mos Eisley Cantina scene in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Parts: Helmet (Robocop), Torso (Bossk), Arms (Bossk), Gloves (AT-ST Driver), Legs (Bossk), Boots (AT-ST Driver).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Photo stills from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. This is a really neat custom because the same spacesuit that this guy wore was later used for Bossk (minus the helmet) in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

Step One: First, I cut the reptillian hands and feet off of the Bossk figure. I then glued on the AT-ST Driver's gloves and boots.

Step Two: I attached the Robocop helmet to the figure.

Step Three: Next, I painted the figure, according to my reference pictures.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coating of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment