Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aurren Kashire (Human Pilot - Wraith Squadron)

Lieutenant Aurren Kashire is member of Garik Loran's Wraith Squadron. A superb pilot, Aurren leads the squadron in total number of combat victories. She is also a highly competent commando.

Parts: Head (Hoth Leia), Torso (POTJ X-Wing Gear Luke Skywalker), Arms (POTJ X-Wing Luke Skywalker), Legs (POTJ X-Wing Gear Luke Skywalker), Helmet (POTJ X-Wing Gear Luke Skywalker).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, paintbrushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: None. After I had already finished my "Lieutenant Kashire in Bacta Tank" figure, I was inspired to go back and make a figure of her in her flightsuit.

Step One: I removed the Luke Skywalker head using the boiling water method and replaced it with the Hoth Leia head. I then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: I used the X-acto knife to cut off the gloves and boots. They were then reattached with super glue in slightly different positions. This makes the figure look a bit different from the original X-Wing Gear Luke Skywalker figure.

Step Three: I painted the helmet with a different color scheme than the original. Aurren's hair was painted light brown and drybrushed with very light tan colors (to appear blonde).

Step Four: I applied a light coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment