Thursday, October 16, 2008

General Rom Mohc (Imperial Army Officer)

General Rom Mohc was a veteran of the Clone Wars, whose obsession with personal combat was the driving force behind the Empire's Darktrooper project. Operating from his command ship, Arc Hammer, Mohc personally oversaw the final stages of the project. When Kyle Katarn was discovered aboard the Arc Hammer, Mohc donned a set of Darktrooper armor and challenged Katarn to a fight. Mohc was killed in the ensuing fight and Katarn was able to destroy the Arc Hammer. The Darktrooper project died with Mohc.

Parts: Head (Jek Porkins), Torso (Darktrooper), Arms (Darktrooper), Legs (Darktrooper), Weapon (Darktrooper), Backpack (Darktrooper).

Supplies: Dremel, X-acto knife, super glue, file, emery board, brushes, Testors paitns and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Screen stills from the PC game Dark Forces.

Step One: First, I removed the Darktrooper's head and cut the neckpost off. Then I cut off Porkin's head just below the chin. I super glued the Darktrooper post to the Porkins head. Once the head was dry and it was attached to the Darktooper body, it looked as if the neck is hidden by the bulk of the armor.

Step Two: I used the X-acto knife to carefully cut off both of the Darktrooper hands. I super glued them back on in the desired position (I also did this to the elbow joint of the right arm).

Step Three: I painted the head acoording to my reference pictures. I used metallic colored paints to touch up the Darktrooper's armor, as desired.

Step Four: I used a heated push-pin to hollow out the barrels of the weapon. I painted the weapon, as desired.

Step Five: Using the Dremel, I hollowed out the Darktrooper helmet so that it will fit on the new head.

Step Six: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment