Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Krag Shai (Yuuzhan Vong Warrior)

The Yuuzhan Vong posed one of the greatest threat the galaxy has ever known. A warrior culture, the Vong use only organic weapons that are grown specifically for that purpose. They hate droids and machinery of any kind. Yuuzhan Vong love pain and deliberately disfigure themselves with scars and tattoos. Krag Shai is typical of their warriors, with his living Vonduum Crab Armor and Amphistaff.

Parts: Fantastic Four Human Torch figure.

Supplies: Dremel, Super Sculpey, file, emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I based this figure on a variety of different reference pictures. Each artist has a different idea of what the Yuuzhan Vong look like, so I took the parts I liked from each interpretation.

Step One: First, I washed the base figure in warm soapy water, rinsed well and then allowed to dry completely.

Step Two: Next, I added the Vonduum Crab armor using Super Sculpey. I also glued little pieces of Force lightning to the armor to simulate the yorik coral used to adorn Yuuzhan Vong armor.

Step Three: The Vonduum Crab armor is a living organism and will be different from one warrior to the next, so I used my imagination to come up with paint schemes. I also made sure that I gave him lots of tattoos.

Step Four: I used a straight piece of wire for the Amphistaff, and curled part of it around the warrior's arm. I used a bit of Super Sculpey to form the head of the staff.

Step Five: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment