Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tsavong Lah (Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster)

Warmaster Tsavong Lah is the supreme commander of the Yuuzhan Vong forces invading the galaxy. After his foot was damaged in a fight with Jacen Solo, he had it amputated and replaced with the foot of another creature. It was believed that this was a way of appeasing the gods.

Parts: Head (Prince Xizor), Torso (Robin figure), Arms (Robin figure), Legs (Robin figure), Left Foot (Space Force figure), Cape (Emperor's Royal Guard).

Supplies: Dremel, Super Sculpey, file or emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I based this figure on descriptions from the New Jedi Order novels and my own interpretation of the character.

Step One: I used the Dremel to remove the existing details on the Robin figure.

Step Two: I then added the Vonduum Crab armor using Super Sculpey. I cured it with boiling water and allowed it to cool.

Step Three: I cut off the left foot and super glued the new one in it's place.

Step Four: I attached the cape to his shoulders with super glue.

Step Five: I painted the armor similar to what I had done on the Krag Val figure.

Step Six: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove any shiny appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment