Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anakin Solo (Human Jedi Knight)

Anakin Solo is the third child of Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo. Like his older brother and sister, Anakin is incredibly strong in the Force. He was trained in the Jedi ways at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.

Parts: Head (Cale from TitanAE), Torso (POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi), Arms (POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi), Legs (POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi), Boots (POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi), Lightsaber (any).

Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board or file, super glue, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: There are many drawings which depict Anakin Solo in his early teen years, but I was going for an age of around 17 or 18 years old (as described in the New Jedi Order novels) so I had to guess a little bit.

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling water method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: I filed down the hair just a little bit around the sides.

Step Three: Next, I painted the figure, as desired.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment