Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Corran Horn (Human Jedi Knight)

Corran Horn has had a busy life having been an officer of the Correllian Security Force (CorSec), a pilot with Rogue Squadron and then a Jedi Knight. Corran was one of the first twelve students at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy. Years later, Corran would play a pivotal role in the early stages of the Yuuzhan Vong conflict, defeating the Yuuzhan Vong commander Shedao Shai in a duel for the planet Ithor. After Shai's death, the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed the planet anyway, and Horn was blamed for the disaster. After Ithor, Corran and his wife Mirax went into seclusion, returning to the Order a year later at the request of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

Parts: Head (Dash Rendar), Torso (2-pack Obi-Wan Kenobi), Arms (2-pack Obi-Wan Kenobi), Legs (Cantina Han Solo), Boots (Jedi Duel Obi-Wan Kenobi), Blaster (Cantina Han Solo), Lightsaber (any).

Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board or file, super glue, Testors Dull-Cote, Paints and Brushes.

Reference: This figure was intended to be Corran Horn as he was described in the NJO novel Darktide I: Onslaught. For his appearance, I relied on descriptions from the book. Most references to Corran's uniform indicate that he wore green and black.

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling water method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Next, I cut the boots off the legs and used super glue to attach the Obi-Wan boots. Although I don't know his exact height, Corran is supposed to be a fairly short man, so I allowed for that when doing this step.

Step Three: I painted the figure, as desired. I used two shades of green and a bit of black for the Jedi tunic. The pants were painted black. The boots and gunbelt were painted brown and then weathered with a light brown/tan watercolor paint. The pistol grip of the blaster was painted a dark brown and the scope was painted gloss black. Corran's hair and goatee were painted a very dark brown.

Step Four: I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to the entire figure to protect the paint and reduce the shine.

Step Five: I made the lightsaber out of several different lightsaber pieces. To be honest, I am no longer sure of which parts I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment