Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Corran Horn (Human Jedi Knight)

During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Corran led a reconnaisance mission to the planet Garqi. The strangely colored vegetation of that planet called for some rather uniquely camouflaged combat suits.

Parts: Head (Dash Rendar), Torso (Endor Rebel Trooper), Arms (Endor Rebel Trooper), Legs (Endor Rebel Trooper), Boots (Hoth Rebel Trooper), Lightsaber (any).

Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board or file, super glue, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: This figure was intended to depict Corran Horn as during the reconnaisance mission he led to Garqi in the book Darktide II: Ruin. For his appearance, I relied on descriptions from the book. Corran and the other members of his team are described as wearing camouflage combat suits of grey, red and purple.

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling water method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Next, I cut off the legs just a bit below the knees and used super glue to attach the new boots. Although I don't know his exact height, Corran is supposed to be a fairly short man, so I allowed for that when doing this step.

Step Three: Then I cut off both hands and glued them back on in different positions.

Step Four: I carefully sanded the beard and mustache off the head.

Step Five: I painted the combat suit grey, red and purple. I painted the belt and boots a brown leather color. I used the same brown leather color for the pouch on his right hip. I painted the gloves black. I used silver or steel for all of the little snaps and fasteners on Corran's combat gear. The lightsaber blade is silver. The hair is a very dark brown.

Step Six: I drybrushed the knees and boots with various brown paints to indicate dirt and mud.

Step Seven: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment