Monday, October 6, 2008

Mace Windu (Human Jedi Master)

During the Clone Wars, Jedi Master Mace Windu also served as the High General in command of the 187th Legion. The 187th was distinguished by the purple markings on their armor, reflecting the color of Windu's lightsaber. Windu and the 187th Legion participated in the Battle of Dantooine, as well as the Battle of Coruscant.

Parts: Head (Mace Windu), Torso (Mace Windu), Arms (ARC Trooper), Legs (Clone Trooper), Lightsaber (Mace Windu).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, brushes, Polly Scale Paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I decided to do this figure because I had two of the Mace Windu's Attack Battalion Battle Packs, which meant that I had eight members of the 187th Legion and two identical Mace Windu figures. Although I think that Mace Windu probably would have shunned the wearing of clone armor, I decided to use the extra figure and some spare clone parts to create a Mace figure in armor that matched his troops from the 187th.

Step One: I popped the Mace Windu torso using the edge of my X-actom knife and removed the original arms and legs. The new legs were taken from one of the figures included in the ROTS Clone Army 3-pack. The arms were from one of the ARC Troopers from The Hunt for Grevious Battle Pack. Once the arms and legs were in place, the torso was sealed together again with small drops of super glue.

Step Two: After assembling the figure, I used super glue to attach the lower portion of Mace's clothing that was taken from the original figure. This piece required a little bit of trimming with the X-acto knife before it would fit properly.

Step Three: I painted the figure in a paint scheme that was similar to that of the 187th troopers. All of the basic troopers were identical in their armor markings, but the clone commander was a bit different. In keeping with this trend, I borrowed the general sceme from both the regular troopers and the commander, but made sure that Mace's armor was still different from both of the other designs.

Step Four: I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance of the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment