Monday, October 6, 2008

A'Sharad Hett (Human Jedi Knight)

A'Sharad Hett was the son of Sharad Hett, a Jedi Master who departed the Jedi Order and lived among the Tusken Raiders on the planet Tatooine during the period surrounding the Battle of Naboo. His father trained A'Sharad as a Jedi from the time of his birth. When the elder Hett was assassinated by Aurra Sing, the Jedi Knight Ki-Adi-Mundi agreed to train A'Sharad as his Jedi Padawan. Sharad gave his lightsaber to A'Sharad, so that he would have a constant remembrance of his father's struggle for peace.

Parts: Head (POTJ Tusken Raider), Torso (Naboo Qui-Gon Jinn), Arms (POTJ Tusken Raider), Legs (Ponda Baba), Boots (Tatooine Luke Skywalker), Braid (Slave Leia), Lightsaber (any).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, Testors Dull-Cote, Paints and Brushes.

Reference: Pictures from Dark Horse's Star Wars: Outlander comics.

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling water method and then allowed them to cool completely.

Step Two: Then I cut off the Ponda Baba boots and replaced them with the Luke boots.

Step Three: I trimmed the braid so that it fit well on the back of the figure's head, and then super glued it in place.

Step Four: Using the X-acto knife, I carefully cut away the side bits of tunic from below the belt, leaving the middle parts in place. I also found a piece of Zuckuss' breathing cannister in my parts box and glued it to the figure's waist to cover the hole intended for the lightsaber hilt.

Step Five: I painted the figure according to my reference picture.

Step Six: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment