Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kirana Ti (Human Jedi Master)

One of the Warrior Witches of Dathomir, Kirana Ti displayed a fierce tenacity and a tremendous ability with the Force, which led to her being selected as one of the first dozen students at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. She later fought alongside Kyp Durron, Streen and Dorssk 82 on Corbos to defeat the dreaded Leviathan.

Parts: Head (Adi Gallia), Hair (Greeata), Torso (Slave Leia), Right hand (Adi Gallia), Arms (Lyn Me), Legs (Greeata), Kneepads (Space Zone figure), Boots (Slave Leia), Lightsaber (any).

Supplies: X-acto knife, Super Sculpey, emery board or file, Testors Dull-Cote, Paints and Brushes.

Reference: Pictures from the Dark Horse comic Jedi Academy: Leviathan. Credit goes to James McCallister for most of the recipe. I only became really motivated to do this figure after I saw how cool his turned out!

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling method and then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Next, I cut off the legs just below the knees and glued the Slave Leia boots on. They were almost a perfect match and required very little fine-tuning to get the figure to stand properly.

Step Three: I trimmed all the headress stuff from the back of the head. Then, I glued on the Greeata hair and used Super Sculpey for the helmet (those little spikes on the helmet were really difficult to get right).

Step Four: I also used Super Sculpey to form the upper torso armor and the clothing.

Step Five: I cut the kneepads off the legs of the Space Zone figure. After a bit of trimming, I glued them to Kirana Ti's knees. I then used more Super Sculpey to form the boots around the kneepads.

Step Six: I cut off the open right hand and glued the Adi Gallia hand in it's place.

Step Seven: I painted the figure in accordance with the references. The armor and clothing should be shades of red, purple and pink. The lightsaber blade is yellow. Her hair is a very dark brown.

Step Eight: Finally, I applied a coating of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and dull the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment