Monday, October 6, 2008

Lowbacca (Wookiee Jedi Knight)

Lowbacca is the nephew of Chewbacca. He was trained as a Jedi Knight and accompanied the Solo twins on many adventures. He is usually accompanied by his Miniature Translator Droid (Em Teedee).

Parts: Head (Flashback Chewbacca), Torso (Flashback Chewbacca), Arms (Flashback Chewbacca), Legs (Flashback Chewbacca), Belt (white string), Em Teedee (homemade), Lightsaber (homemade).

Supplies: Dremel, X-acto knife, super glue, file or emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used descriptions and cover paintings from the Young Jedi Knights novels.

Step One: Using the Dremel, I filed down Chewie's bandoleer. I Dremeled the heck out of the whole body to make the figure leaner. I paid special attention to the head, so that he woul look different if placed next to a Chewbacca figure.

Step Two: I used the X-acto knife and file to give the fur more texture after Dremeling.

Step Three: Next, I painted the figure according to the reference and allowed it to dry completely.

Step Four: Then I wrapped the white string around the figure's waist and glue in place. This was to replicate the Siren plant belt Lowbacca wears.

Step Five: I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance.

Step Six: I made the lightsaber out of a paintbrush and a piece of Cantina bandmember's instrument, but you could use pretty much anything you want.

Step Seven: To make Em Teedee, I just found a scrap of old droid and painted it accordingly

No comments:

Post a Comment