Monday, October 6, 2008

Tesar Sebatyne (Barabel Jedi Knight)

Tesar Sebatyne is a young male Barabel. He and his two hatchmates, Bela Hara and Krasov Hara, were trained in the ways of the Force by their mother, Saba Sebatyne. Tesar, Bela and Krasov were all members of the Jedi strike team sent to destroy the Yuuzhan Vong's voxyn cloning facility at Myrkr. Tesar was the only one of the three to survive the mission.

Parts: Head (Bossk), Torso (Zuckuss), Arms (Carbonite Han Solo), Upper Legs (Zuckuss), Lower Legs (POTJ Tusken Raider), Tail (JP3 Dinosaur), Jacket (Han Solo from the Princess Leia Collection 2-pack), Lightsaber (any).

Supplies: Dremel, X-acto knife, Super glue, Testor's Dull-Cote, Paints and Brushes.

Reference: As far as I know, there are no pictures of Tesar, so I used a drawing of Tesar's mother (Star Wars Insider #57) and one of another Barabel (page 12 of the Essential Guide to Alien Species) as a basis for this figure.

Step One: I assembled the parts using the boiling water method and allowed them to cool.

Step Two: I cut the Zuckuss legs off just below the knees. I then cut the Tusken legs in the same place and super glued the lower part of the Tusken legs to the upper part of the Zuckuss legs.

Step Three: I used the Dremel to remove the ears from the Bossk head.

Step Four: After hacking the tail off the JP3 dinosaur figure, I attached it to the figure's butt. Before doing this, I used the Dremel to sand down the tail a little so that it would fit better.

Step Five: I painted the figure, as desired. The skin and eyes are described in Star by Star as being black. The rest was pretty much left to my imagination.

Step Six: I applied a coat of Testor's Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance.

Step Seven: I decided to give the figure a soft goods jacket (partly because I had several of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment