Monday, October 6, 2008

Luke Skywalker (Human Jedi Trainee)

This was one of the first custom figures I made. It depicts Luke Skywalker as he is described in Shadows of the Empire, right about the time he was training to become a Jedi Knight.

Parts: Head (COMMTech Luke Skywalker), Torso (Cantina Han Solo), Arms (Cantina Han Solo), Legs (Cantina Han Solo), Vest (Cantina Han Solo), Lightsaber (any with a green blade), Blaster (Cantina Han Solo).

Supplies: File or emery board, Super glue, Testor's Dull-Cote, Paints and Brushes.

Reference: Description from the novel Shadows of the Empire.

Step One: I removed Han's head using the boiling water method. After attaching the Luke head, I allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: I painted the shirt and pants black. The vest should be a tan color (mine is not quite light enough, but I like it). I chose to make the holster black with a silver buckle and snaps. I added some detail to the blaster, as well.

Step Three: I applied a coat of Testor's Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance

No comments:

Post a Comment