Saturday, October 4, 2008

Plo Koon (Kel Dor Jedi Master)

Plo Koon is a member of the Kel Dor species from the planet Dorin. He is a courageous warrior who comes from a long line of Jedi. His hand-to-hand combat skills are ledgendary. He uses his Force powers in combination with his extensive scientific knowledge to produce startling effects against his opponents. Plo Koon served as a High General during the Clone Wars. He was killed in his starfighter over Cato Neimoidia when Order 66 was executed.
Parts: Head (Plo Koon), Torso (Plo Koon), Arms (Plo Koon), Legs (Plo Koon), Cloak (Plo Koon), Robe (Flashback Anakin Skywalker), Lightsaber (Plo Koon).
Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, brushes, Polly Scale paints and Testors Dull-Cote.
Reference: I decided to do this figure after reading Jedi Council: Acts of War. I liked the full-length robes that Plo Koon wore in the book better than the regular pants the Hasbro figure had. Therefore, I decided to change it.
Step One: First, I carefully sliced the front of Plo Koon's cloak open with the X-acto Knife. I trimmed each side so that it looked natural in the way it hangs.
Step Two: I took the lower robes from the Anakin figure and carefully super glue them to Plo Koon's waist.
Step Three: Next, I painted the lower robes to match the rest of his robe.
Step Four: Once the paint was dry, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment