Monday, October 6, 2008

Saesee Tiin (Iktochi Jedi Master)

An Iktochi pilot, Saesee Tiin is best able to focus while travelling at extremely high speeds at the controls of the galaxy's finest spacecraft. He offers a unique perspective on the Jedi Council as his naturally telepathic mind is always racing ahead to foresee possibilities. At the end of the Clone Wars, Master Tiin was one of four Jedi Master killed while attempting to arrest Supreme Chancellor Palpatine after it was learned that he was actually a Dark Lord of the Sith.
Parts: Head (Saesee Tiin), Torso (Saesee Tiin), Arms (Saesee Tiin), Legs (Saesee Tiin), Cloak (Saesee Tiin), Skirt (Ewok Celebration Leia), Lightsaber (Saesee Tiin).
Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, brushes, Polly Scale paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Like my Plo Koon figure, I decided to do this one after reading Jedi Council: Acts of War. I liked the full-length robes that Saesee Tiin wore in the book better than the regular pants the Hasbro figure had. Therefore, I decided to change it.

Step One: I carefully sliced the front of Saesee's cloak open with the X-acto knife and then trimmed each side so that it looks natural in the way it hangs.
Step Two: I took the skirt pieces from the Leia figure and carefully super glued them to Saesee's waist. This simulates the long robe that Saesee wore under his outer robe.
Step Three: I painted the lower robes to match the rest of his robe.
Step Four: I used a couple of different fleshtones to touch up Saesee's face. I'm not sure if it was just my figure or all of them, but his face didn't look quite right.
Step Five: I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment