Monday, October 6, 2008

Valin Horn (Human Jedi Trainee)

Valin Horn is the oldest child of Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik Horn. Like his father, Valin is strong in the Force and was accepted as a student at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy.

Parts: Head (Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker), Torso (Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker), Arms (Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker), Legs (Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker).

Supplies: X-acto knife, emery board or file, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: I used a drawing of Valin from Star Wars Insider #57 as the basis for Valin's appearance. I then gave him the typical brown jumpsuit worn by students at the Jedi Academy.

Step One: I filed down the sleeves and shirt, removing the distinctive Jedi tunic. I was then left with a generic jumpsuit-like outfit.

Step Two: I used Super Sculpey to change the hairstyle to more closely resemble the reference picture I was using. I cured the Super Sculpey using boiling water.

Step Three: I painted the jumpsuit a light brown. I did the boots and belt a very dark brown. I used the same dark brown for the hair. I painted the eyes green.

Step Four: When dry, I applied a coat of Testor's Dull-Cote

No comments:

Post a Comment