Sunday, October 12, 2008

Zurnat (Snivvian Smuggler)

Zurnat is the mechanic and gunner of Lissa Karan's ship, the Dirty Mynock. The two of them specialize in obtaining the rare and unusual for anyone willing to pay their price. They spend a lot of time in Mos Eisley in between their lucative smuggling runs and Zurnat has been known to frequent Chalmun's Cantina.

Parts: Head (vintage Snaggletooth), Torso (vintage Snaggletooth), Arms (vintage Snaggletooth), Legs (vintage Snaggletooth), Boots (Takeel), Jacket (Ceremonial Luke Skywalker), Blaster & Holster (Ceremonial Luke Skywalker).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, file or emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: None. This character is entirely fan-fic.

Step One: First, I cut off Snaggletooth's legs just below the knee. I super glued Takeel's boots to his legs.

Step Two: Using the X-acto Knife, I carefully cut the holstered blaster from the leg of the Luke figure and glued it to Snaggletooth's leg.

Step Three: Next, I painted the figure as desired.

Step Four: Once the paint was dry, I applied a light coat of Testors Dull-Cote.

Step Five: I put the jacket on the figure as soon as the Dull-Cote was dry.

Step Six: I applied a dark wash to the whole figure to create a worn and grimy appearance.

Step Seven: I then applied another light coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment