Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lissa Karan (Captain of the Dirty Mynock)

Lissa Karan is the captain of the Dirty Mynock and a smuggler who specializes in obtaining the rare and unusual for anyone willing to pay her price. Lissa is quite adept at Sabacc and has been known to clean out opponents in very little time. This fact has caused her to be accused of cheating more than once. She and her Snivvian gunner, Zurnat spend a lot of time in Mos Eisley in between their lucative smuggling runs.

Parts: Head (Slave Leia), Torso (Lyn Me), Arms (Power F/X X-Wing Luke Skywalker), Legs (Lyn Me), Blaster (any).

Supplies: Super glue, Super Sculpey, file or emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: None. This character is entirely fan-fic.

Step One: I assembled the necessary parts using the boiling water method and allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: Next, I sculpted the flightsuit using Super Sculpey and cured using boiling water.

Step Three: I also used Super Sculpey to give her a long ponytail. I simply added to the existing braid and cured.

Step Four: The arms needed a bit of work with the Dremel so that they fit correctly with her shoulders.

Step Five: I sanded the figure to remove any rough spots.

Step Six: I painted the figure, as desired, and allowed it to dry completely.

Step Seven: Next I applied a light coat of Testors Dull-Cote and allowed it to dry.

Step Eight: I applied a dark wash to the flightsuit to provide a "worn" look. After the wash had dried, I applied another light coat of Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment