Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bannis Keeg (Duro Navigator)

Bannis Keeg was the partner of Ellorrs Madak. The two Duro owned a starship together. Keeg served as the navigator, while Madak handled the piloting duties. During down time, the pair could frequently be found at Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley.

Parts: Head (Ellorrs Madak), Torso (COMMTech Luke Skywalker), Arms (COMMTech Luke Skywalker), Hands (Ellorrs Madak), Legs (COMMTech Luke Skywalker).

Supplies: X-acto knife, super glue, file or emery board, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: Photo stills from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Step One: I removed Luke's head and replaced it with the Ellorrs Madak head using the boiling water method. I then allowed the figure to cool completely.

Step Two: I cut off Luke's hands with the X-acto knife. Using super glue, I replaced them with the hands from Ellorrs Madak.

Step Three: Next, I painted the figure according to my reference pictures.

Step Four: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to seal the paint and reduce the shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment